Monday, May 4, 2015

Socialization

Картинки по запросу socialization

Socialization is the process that begins from the birth and continue thought all life; and the most important part of the life it is a childhood. Throughout the life all necessary for children values are established and a personality is shaped. The socialization starts from the family by learning languages and fundamentals  of a  culture. Growing up people “try” different roles as a child, student, and worker parents, etc. These roles help  to socialize with different people. According to Bronfenbrenner’s Ecological Systems Model, a  family plays the important role in the socialization of the teachers.  Socialization is the “formation of teaching perspectives and approaches as a result of influence from any individual, group, or institution; sometimes stated as the process of becoming a teacher, or learning to teach” (Lortie,1975, p 230 )  There are two types of socialization: “informal” which can appear everywhere, and “formal” which  essentially happens in a classroom. In my opinion, the skills of socialization are primarily imperative for teachers, thus a teacher communicates with   a lot of students, educators and parents.  When I became a teacher I tried to give as much attention as possible for all children in my class. Almost all of them were from the new admission, so everything in the school was new for them. I organized different activities for my students in order to involve them in school life. Next year, on the ceremony of the first bell, one student came to me. She was crying. She hugged me and said “You were the teacher who pulled together our cohort”. At that moment I was really happy that I helped my students in socializing. 
http://becuo.com/smiling-school-childrenReference
Reference
Lortie, D. C. (1975). School teacher: A sociological inquiry. Chicago: University of Chicago 

No comments:

Post a Comment