Monday, May 4, 2015

Suleyman Demirel University

Writing about different topics related to higher education, I decided to devote my last post to Kazakh-Turkish Suleyman Demirel University (SDU), where I studied four years and took my bachelor degree. The reason why I intended to write about SDU is because I really love this university and I want others to know more about one of the best universities in our country, as SDU exists to give students not only a high quality education, but also to give life lessons.  
       The university was officially opened in 1996 by presidents of two countries: the President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev and the former President of Turkey Suleyman Demirel (sdu web site, 2015). SDU is located in south capital of Kazakhstan, in Almaty. Despite he fact that SDU is the private university, a lot of graduates from different parts of our country wish to study there. And the establishment of Nazarbayev University does not so strongly influence on it. SDU has a smart campus, which can hold 7000 students, but I am not sure about the exact number of students enrolled in education in SDU (sdu web site, 2015). Moreover, SDU is one of those minority HEIs in Kazakhstan that gives an education in English language. While reading the mission of the university, I caught myself in mind that SDU is really following its mission, creating a learning environment for students and fostering good relations between educators and students (sdu web site, 2015).
        SDU is the connecting bridge between two cultures of Kazakh and Turkish that appreciates the diversity in cultures. Walking around Nazarbayev University, I found some similarities between NU and SDU, as the places that unify people of different cultures, religions and values. However, I feel that SDU does not only integrate those people, but also create an atmosphere of brotherhood and solidarity.
     To sup up my post, I want to say that SDU is a place, where you found that the values of life can not be only tangibles, that people and their attitudes towards others are most valuable in this life. The example of SDU proves: despite the fact that university has a good financial support, capacity and it gives quality education for students, but fostering people without life values is the wasting of time.  
    Reference:
SDU web site (2015). Suleyman Demirel University. retrieved from http://sdu.edu.kz/about
    

    

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the post about the university I like, as you, too. SDU is also part of my undergraduate life, where I spent all that funny, studious days. The university is really friendly, you can leave your thing, not being afraid that someone will steal it. The other thing I like is that you can spend a good tea time with your professor, there is not a hierarchical way of teaching. Out of class, you can be in friendly relations with professors, in class you are one of the students, equal to others. The cooperation with Turkey make this university differ from others, and it is obligatory to learn Turkish language. It is good because you will know not only English language but, in addition, Turkish language too. The thing that make me upset is the tuition fees, increasing from year to year. If two year ago I paid 510 000 tenge for year (4th course), this year the students are paying 750 000 tenge (1st course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to study MBBS in Kazakhstan, International Medical School (IMS) is one of the best medical universities in Almaty, Kazakhstan. Established in 1992 in the Almaty city, the university offers higher quality medical education with experienced faculty and good infrastructure with all basic amenities.

    ReplyDelete