Thursday, April 30, 2015

Iphone makes life easier





XXI century is the time of innovations and “artificial” intellects. As we discussed in last lesson of comparative education, ICT as a phenomenon was and is understood differently according to time and space people live/d. If nowadays by ICT we mean computers, mobile phones and all internet connected devices, 30 years ago our parents associated information technology with radios, telegrams and postal services. In my opinion, no judicious person can refuse global encroachment of computerization and its role in modern society. Fortunately, many of our parents are eager to learn how to use one or another technical device. However, this post is dedicated to the group of Iphone “users” and it sheds the light on how this “Apple” device ameliorates the process of my study.
Broadly speaking, many researchers conduct inquiries on how people are competent in using ICT, what are the positive and negative impacts ICT make towards learning process or general on education etc.  Nevertheless, it is also important to be able to focus on specific ICT device and investigate its concrete influence to certain people. Sometimes, ICT understanding seems so broad, like globalization and internationalization phenomena, that reminds me always “symbols VS substance” theory (which considers more open claims and propaganda than real estimation of facts and presence of clear insight about that). Therefore, I chose the topic of Iphone’s positive technological implications on all parts of my life. Here are real educational advantages of Iphone: 1) this device does not worry about viruses while downloading applications; 2) takes excellent quality of picture (instead scanning the document, you can just click and send it); 3) has excellent quality of sound recording and sound monitoring (I used for data collection) and it is still downloadable; 4) iOS software is periodically renewable; 5) acceleration of wi-fi speed; 6) perfect touch-control (setting password by fingerprints); 7) low-speed shooting and many other benefits. Most of my social life is under way of this mobile device. I dare to say that it is a magic device than just a phone.
I have started living Iphone life since its 3rd generation, and did not regret once. I did not think before the first purchase in 2012 that I will become a stickler of something, but I became. It really helped me during the bachelor degree studies and now as well. Therefore, my advice to you buy Iphone and make your life easier!
What do you think about Iphone? Especially, I am interested in those conservative people’s opinion, who have this device and refuse its uniqueness and reliability?

2 comments:

  1. Dear Didara!!!!
    Your post made me smile. This is because I used to be fan of android devices, but recently after using iPhone for a while I started to understand those apple addicted people.
    My first impression was that it is too simple. You are restricted to download music from the internet, you cannot connect your iPhone to any computer, you have just one button to use, you cannot put additional memory, you cannot open 2 and more windows at a one and many other things. It just takes quality pictures and it is easy to use. These impressions lasted 4 month in my head.

    I don't know when was the turning point, but couple of months ago I cought myself in thought that I am enjoying using iPhone and do not dream about having samsung phone again. And things I liked mostly is the easiness to use. I discovered million ways to make my phone more useful and do not regret anymore about switching to iPhone from samsung.

    So, as I think that I am conservative person, I can say you that iPhone is a very high quality smart phone which costs its money and worth buying. So, enjoy your phone!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didara, it is very sensitive topic. Especially considering that 76.6% of the world use Android system devices. I personally believe that Android has a greater future than IOS devices, as it is an open platform and developers have a freedom in creating and publishing useful apps, in particular, apps for education. There are some problems with Android platform and it is not a secret that IDevices' work is more consistent. But the price! Whenever you buy Apple phone or tablet you feel yourself fooled, as the actual price of the device is much and much lower. It is clear, that the majority of educators and school suppliers prefer to provide their institutions with Android devices, which actually has a greater functionality in comparison with closed IOS devices.

    ReplyDelete